About the role: Dive into a new role at Waves Fitness and Aquatic Centre
Would you enjoy being part of the inaugural Aquatic Operations team launching the brand new Aquatic Centre in the Sydney Hills in 2022? The Hills Shire Council is currently seeking professional, experienced Senior Lifeguards to oversee pool lifeguard staff, pool plant operations and water safety best practise management. You will use your skills to oversee a vibrant team of aquatic operations staff to oversee the safe use of the facilities. The new $55m fitness and aquatic centre is now under construction with opening expected in September 2022. The complex will include a 10-lane 50m outdoor Olympic-sized pool, additional 25m outdoor pool and two indoor learn to swim and leisure pools, along with a water play area, and a fully equipped fitness centre. The role will commence up to two months prior to the complex opening, and you will be assisting the Team Leader on start-up operations. If your' looking for an opportunity to open a brand new centre and be a part of the very first Waves Fitness and Aquatic Centre operations team, we want to hear from you.
- Assist with pool supervision of pool bookings, school carnivals, swim clubs, internal programs.
- Ensure daily operations are carried out according to Venue Operations Manual/Practice Note 15.
- Maintain patron safety through risk minimisation ensuring conditions of entry are adhered.
- Provide a safe environment, complying with NSW Public Swimming Pools & Spa Pools guidelines.
- Provide and lead lifeguards in providing active pool supervision.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 3 years' experience in a similar role
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- First Aid - CPR (HLTAID001)
- Drivers Licence (Class C) - NSW
Permanent Full-time role, W0267, Salary: From $61K to $64K per annum + weekend penalty rates + Superannuation.
Please review the Position Description available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on 10th July 2022.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.