PAYROLL OFFICER 2 YEARS FIXED TERM APPOINTMENT
About the role:
Are you a proactive and enthusiastic individual with a ‘can do' attitude, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy? An exciting opportunity exists to join our Payroll team as a Payroll Officer for a two (2) years fixed term period with the potential for permanent appointment, subject to business operational requirements. The position will provide the delivery of all payroll functions across the organisation.
- Perform all Payroll functions [entry/process/check and master file maintenance];
- Check, investigate and resolve all system alerts, messages and reports prior to submission;
- Calculate termination payments & provide related documentation;
- Reconcile & Pay PAYG tax, monthly superannuation & payroll creditors
- Prepare & enter Schedule 3(a) Total Remuneration Packages (TRP's);
- Complete Centrelink & Australian Bureau of Statistics returns;
- Process Certificate of Service for Council staff transfers on termination & hire;
- Assist with EOFY and ATO STP requirements;
- Provide Local Government (State) Award interpretation in relation to Payroll;
- Payroll Reconciliation/computation & provision of supporting documentation, as requested;
- Respond to and follow up on Payroll enquiries;
- File, scan & maintain documentation, ensuring full audit trail on all payroll entries.
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Higher School Certificate/Accounting Certificate;
- 5 years' experience in Payroll or Finance/Accounting role preferred but candidates with a minimum of 2 years' experience are encouraged to apply;
- Sound understanding & knowledge of Payroll processes, practices & legislation - highly desirable;
- Excellent numeracy, analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail & accuracy;
- Demonstrated knowledge & experience with monthly reconciliations;
- Good communication and customer service skills in handling a range of payroll enquiries;
- Competent written & oral communication skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Local Government payroll experience - highly desirable;
- Current Class C Motor Vehicle Licence.
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
2 Years Fixed Term Full Time role, with potential for permanent appointment subject to business operational requirements
Position Number S1092, Salary: Circa/From $79K + Superannuation.
Please review the Position Description available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5:00pm on Friday, 8 July 2022.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.