CUSTOMER & INFORMATION OFFICER - CASUAL
About the role:
Council is looking to expand its casual workforce capabilities and as such we have an opportunity for a Casual Customer & Information Officer to join The Hills Shire Council's Customer Services Team on an "as and when needed" basis. The prime function of this role is to deliver a range of Council services through handling enquiries primarily in our inbound contact centre, as well as in archival and mail room environments; and ensuring the organisation is supplied with documents, applications and electronic requests to Council standards, and in a timely manner.
- Efficiently and effectively resolve customer enquiries and complaints on a range of Council services within agreed guidelines or in consultation with specialist staff
- Communicate accurate and current information using Council scripts, to customers and staff in a professional, helpful and timely manner, enhancing customer satisfaction levels
- Ensure all incoming information is handled and disseminated in accordance with standard council procedures
To be considered for this role you will be customer focused, have a positive ‘can do' attitude and work cohesively as part of a multi skilled team and will possess:
- HSC or equivalent
- Experience in a high volume, fast paced customer focused service environment
- Proven experience in the use of technology for service delivery
- Experience in dealing with challenging customer interactions
- Experience dealing with diverse cultures and age groups
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Learning & Development Opportunities, Modern Office Location, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Casual Role, Position Number T0057, Salary: From $42 per hour including casual loading + Superannuation
Please review the Position Description available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on 27th May 2022.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.