IRRIGATION TECHNICIAN (Temporary up to 12 months)
About the role:
This position will make decisions regarding resource allocation to complete both planned and reactive work orders as well as provide irrigation installation and maintenance service for sportsgrounds, turfed areas and gardens within public reserves, parks and recreation areas to provide quality service to the hills shire community.
- Conduct repairs and maintenance works on Irrigation infrastructure.
- Conduct a daily maintenance check of plant and equipment and report issues.
- Deliver and collect materials/clients or employees.
- Operate plant and equipment.
- Assist with maintenance of standard operating procedures and processes.
- Follow up on maintenance issues.
- Participate in service planning activities.
- Purchase and receive stock and equipment.
- Install and maintain surface and sub-surface drainage.
- Respond to reactive maintenance requests.
- Undertake irrigation of turf and garden areas.
- Undertake maintenance works.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role
- Certificate III in a relevant field
- First Aid and CPR
- White Card - General Construction Induction
- Drivers Licence (Class LR) - NSW
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Rostered Days Off, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, and Working for the Community.
Temporary full-time role, T571, Salary: From $64K + Superannuation + To and From vehicle
Please review the Position Description available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on 22nd May 2022.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.