About the role: Dive into a new role at Waves Fitness and Aquatic Centre
Would you enjoy being part of the inaugural Aquatic Operations team launching the brand new Aquatic Centre in the Sydney Hills in 2022? The Hills Shire Council is currently seeking enthusiastic and energetic Pool Lifeguard staff to maintain daily pool operations, water safety management, and provide a safe and enjoyable environment for customers through active supervision. You will use your lifeguarding skills to manage the safe use of the facilities. The new $55m fitness and aquatic centre is now under construction with opening expected to be in July 2022. The complex will include a 10-lane 50m outdoor Olympic-sized pool, additional 25m outdoor pool and two indoor learn to swim and leisure pools, along with a water play area, and a fully equipped fitness centre. The lifeguard roles will commence prior to the complex opening, and you will be assisting the Team Leader and Senior Lifeguard Team on start-up operations. If your' looking for an opportunity to work at a brand new aquatic new centre, then we want to hear from you.
- Assist with pool supervision of pool bookings, school carnivals, swim clubs, internal programs.
- Ensure daily operations are carried out according to Venue Operations Manual.
- Ensure regular testing of pool water, recording and adjustment of chlorine levels is conducted.
- Maintain patron safety through risk minimisation ensuring conditions of entry are adhered.
- Manage clean facilities during operational hours.
- Provide quality customer service by performing lifeguarding, assisting and directing patrons.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- First Aid - (HLTAID003)
- First Aid - CPR (HLTAID001)
- Drivers Licence (Class C) - NSW
Permanent Full-time role, W0272, Salary: From $55K + weekend penalty rates + Superannuation.
Please review the Position Description available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on 29th May 2022.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.