TEAM LEADER - WASTE SERVICES
About the role:
This role leads Council's Waste Services Team which includes a variety of tasks associated with the collection of waste and cleaning of public spaces and facilities.
- Allocate resources to the team to carry out tasks associated with the collection of waste from public spaces and facilities including cleansing of these areas.
- Complete planned and reactive tasks including the collection of waste, dumped rubbish, dead animals, cleaning and pressure washing.
- Leadership of the team including completion and/or approvals of required documents, timesheets/leave requests, WHS checklists, customer and works requests.
- Provide recommendations for additional services to be added to the list as new assets come on-line.
- Manage and supervise contractors if required.
- Drive and operate plant and equipment including daily maintenance checks and reporting of issues.
- Remove and dispose of general litter and hazardous objects/materials.
- Ensure compliance with National Heavy Vehicle Law and Chain of Responsibility Requirements.
- Resolve high level or escalated customer requests, enquiries and complaints.
- Assist in the review of guidelines and procedures including the identification of efficiencies within Council's maintenance activities.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to team members including the training of new team members.
- Maintain team engagement and facilitate a culture that reflects the corporate values.
- Assist with the development, implementation and review of standard operating procedures and processes.
- Recommend system improvements and enhancements.
- Complete and provide regular information/updates on progress of completed and outstanding maintenance works.
- Offer timely and safe solutions to identified onsite construction problems by applying standards, established practices and procedures and/or operating instructions.
- Provide technical advice ensuring activities undertaken are carried out in accordance with Council's policies and procedures and relevant statutory obligations.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role
- Drivers Licence (Class MR) - NSW
- White Card - General Construction Induction
- Extensive experience with waste removal and cleaning
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision and coordination of staff and contractors
- Confident in the use on an iPad
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Rostered Days Off, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, and Working for the Community.
Permanent full-time role, W0054, Salary: From $67K + Superannuation + To and From vehicle
Please review the Position Description available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on 19th May 2022.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.