MANAGER - FINANCIAL STRATEGY
About the role:
Are you a self-motivated individual with strong strategic financial leadership and innovation skills? Council is looking for a qualified and experienced financial professional to join our Finance & Organisation Performance Group. This leadership role provides strategic advice, financial advice on long term financial planning. It involves financial modelling, assessing planning proposals and voluntary planning agreement and effective financial management and review of Development Control Plans. This position will work collaboratively with Senior Management and all business units Managers on the viability of long term financial sustainability, projections and analysis ensuring it meets all relevant policies, guidelines & procedures. This role leads, mentors and manages the Financial Planning and Rates & Payroll teams.
- Responsible for the provision of strategic financial information & reports to Senior Management & Council on financial projections & analysis;
- Lead, coach & manage Financial Planning team responsible for infrastructure funding, 10 Year Capital Works programming and monthly Capital Works reviews;
- Lead, coach & manage Rates & Payroll team responsible for Council's Rates & Annual Charges & Payroll functions;
- Responsible for Long Term Financial Planning & Modelling including Asset Lifecycle Benchmark Costings;
- Responsible for financial management and review of Developer Contribution Plans & provide expert financial advice on planning proposals and voluntary planning agreements;
- Responsible for the provision of corporate financial and asset systems, including infrastructure asset capitalisation;
- Establish and perform necessary financial analysis & valuation models, including scenario modelling, predictive modelling, what if analysis;
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Degree in Business or Accounting or similar qualifications;
- Member of Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants or The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia;
- Broad managerial experience in a financial environment (10+ years);
- Extensive demonstrated experience in Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Budgeting and Corporate & Strategic Planning;
- Highly proficient in the development & implementation of financial systems;
- A thorough knowledge & understanding of Australian Accounting Standards, Financial Regulations, Codes of Accounting Practice and other legislation and inflation & other factors that affect the economy;
- Self-motivated with strong leadership skills and the ability to manage conflicting demands in a high pressure deadline-driven environment;
- Current Class C Motor Vehicle Licence.
Permanent Full Time position, Position Number: CN0053, Salary: Circa/From $168K including Superannuation + Car Allowance
Please review the Position Description available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5:00pm Thursday, 19 May 2022.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.