EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR (Permanent x 1) (Temporary up to 12 months x 1)
About the role:
Council is seeking two Early Childhood Educators, one permanent role and one temporary up to 12 months. The early childhood educator position actively supervises and ensures the wellbeing of enrolled children. Develops and maintains positive relationships with families. All activities performed by the early childhood educator are to be delivered in a way that "exceeds the education and care services national quality standards".
- Actively supervise children and ensure their wellbeing.
- Assume responsibility as 'responsible officer' as needed in the absence of the centre director.
- Develop and implement activities at the centre consistent with the national quality framework.
- Develop positive customer relations with enrolled families.
- Other duties specified by the supervisor/manager.
- Act as a first aid officer as and when required.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- First Aid - Education and Care Setting
- First Aid - CPR
- Drivers Licence (Class C) - NSW
- Working with Children Check
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Variable Leave days, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full-time, S0633, and Temporary Full-time, T345, Salary: From $62K + Superannuation
Due to operational requirements you may be asked to deploy to any of Councils centres.
Please review the Position Description available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on 28 January 2022.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.