SENIOR DEVELOPMENT ADVISOR
About the role:
An opportunity exists at The Hills Shire Council for a Senior Development Advisor to join our Customer Services Team. This position is responsible for facilitating the timely and effective lodgement of development applications through completeness checks of applications received through the NSW Planning Portal, and the direct delivery of customer service with the provision of preliminary planning and development advice to customers.
- Review incoming development applications.
- Resolve customer phone and online enquiries.
- Provide advice for residential town planning enquiries.
- Develop and manage website content.
- Assist in the training of new team members.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to team members.
- Other duties specified by the supervisor/manager.
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in a related field (Town Planning or Building Surveying desirable)
- 3+ years' experience in a related field
- Knowledge and awareness of planning legislation and instruments, including the BCA. NSW Planning Portal experience is highly desirable.
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location and Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Building Surveyors are supported in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) to allow continuation of accreditation under the Building Professionals Board.
Permanent, Full-time position
Position Number: S1018
Salary: From $90,000 + Superannuation
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on 4th February 2022.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.