SENIOR TRAFFIC ENGINEER
About the role:
Are you an experienced, results-oriented traffic engineering professional with a strong passion to improve traffic management, traffic planning and road safety related matters within The Hills area? This senior role requires a driven customer focused individual with demonstrated technical expertise who is able to provide professional technical advice and work collaboratively with the Principal Coordinator towards achieving team/organisational goals through the identification, implementation and delivery of projects/programs that promotes improved traffic, parking and road safety outcomes in line with organisational and legislative requirements.
- Receive, investigate & resolve complex customer enquiries;
- Assess the potential impact of larger scale development applications on road capacity, parking demands, traffic and pedestrian safety, including attending pre-lodgement meeting & review of support technical documents;
- Develop proposals for traffic sign, line marking & facility installation for infrastructure;
- Develop remedial measure to alleviate accident problems;
- Prepare project briefs included in the Capital Works Program;
- Undertake complex traffic modelling investigations;
- Prepare technical reports for the Local Traffic Committee & Council;
- Engage & supervise contractors & consultants;
- Carry out studies & investigations to support traffic management, street lighting & road safety initiatives;
- Design more complex traffic & pedestrian related projects;
- Assist with the assessment of Construction Traffic Management Plans that may impact on Council's road network;
- Provide guidance & mentor less experience traffic engineering professionals within the team.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Bachelor Degree in Traffic/Civil Engineering or relevant discipline and 5+ years' experience in a similar or related role;
- Extensive demonstrated knowledge & experience of traffic engineering operations/issues, including sound knowledge in the application of relevant legislation, regulations, policies & procedures;
- Well-developed computer and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite package, including traffic modelling & traffic flow software, e.g. SIDRA, PTV Visum;
- Demonstrated high level application of analytical, creative & problem solving skills with ability to write analytical & logical reports supporting decision-making;
- White Card - General Construction Induction;
- Highly developed time management and proven knowledge, skills and experience in the delivery of programs and projects;
- Able to work & communicate effectively with all internal & external stakeholders, professional, industry, community & government groups;
- Current Class C Motor Vehicle Driver Licence.
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full Time Role, Position Number: S1077; Salary: Circa/From S103K + Superannuation + Civil Liability Allowance + option of Council Leaseback Vehicle or Car Allowance
Please review the Position Description available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5:00pm on Thursday, 10 February 2022.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.