BUSHLAND REGENERATION OFFICER - CONTRACT WORK (TEMPORARY UP TO 12 MONTHS)
About the role:
This position is responsible for the management of a diverse asset base, including community land. Performing works involved in a variety of tasks associated with bushland maintenance, community nursery activities and fire mitigation works within publicly owned bushland areas, such as project management of infrastructure provision or improvement, the protection and enhancement of natural assets.
- Design and deliver individual natural area management programs
- Maintain relevant data and information of Council's GIS and other information systems.
- Liaise with Bushland Maintenance Coordinator in the development and review of plans of management for bushland assets.
- Provide assistance in the preparation and review of bushland management strategies.
- Actively seek funding opportunities such as grants for natural area management projects.
- Liaise with state agencies regarding the development and implementation of threat abatement strategies and threatened species recovery programs.
- Inspect and/or report workplace hazards and hazards which may affect the general public and where appropriate take action to eliminate such hazards
- Where required, collect performance data which relates to daily activities
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role
- Tertiary qualification in environmental science or natural resource management, park management or equivalent.
- First Aid and CPR
- Chemical Safety Accreditation AQF3
- Chemical Safety Accreditation AQF4
- Drivers Licence (Class C) - NSW
- Pindone User Care
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Rostered Days Off, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café, and Working for the Community.
Temporary full-time role, T570, Salary: From $83K + Superannuation
Please review the Position Description available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on 8 December 2021.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.