About the role:
Are you a qualified Traffic Engineer seeking to proactively contribute towards traffic management and road safety improvements? An opportunity exists for a talented and motivated individual to join our Traffic & Roads Management Team. Working as part of a professional engineering team, you will be involved in addressing and improving the level of traffic management, traffic planning and road safety in The Hills Council area, provide technical advice to teams within Council on traffic related matters and delivering positive future traffic and road management outcomes for the community.
- Develop proposals for traffic signs, linemarking and traffic facility installation on roads under Council's care and control in accordance with organisational procedures;
- Assist the Principal Coordinator in the assessment of Development Applications to ensure compliance with relevant standards and guidelines including Council's Development Control Plan;
- Assist the Principal Coordinator in undertaking taking and pedestrian modelling investigations;
- Develop remedial measures to alleviate accident problems;
- Provide technical advice to other Council Teams in relation to traffic management;
- Liaise with and provide advice and input to Council's Design Engineers for the design of traffic facilities within the Council area;
- Consider request for street lighting improvements;
- Provide supervision and guidance to the Graduate Traffic Engineer and Trainee Traffic Engineer positions;
- Prepare reports on traffic matters for submission to Council's Local Traffic Committee and provide technical input as required;
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering or similar qualifications;
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Local Government engineering or a related field;
- Proven ability and experience in collation of traffic related data, traffic modelling and the investigation of traffic management schemes;
- Sound working knowledge of safety procedures relating to traffic surveys and the impact of traffic management schemes.
- Well-developed written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Current Class C Motor Vehicle Licence.
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location and Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Permanent, Full Time Role, Position Number: S1054, Salary: Circa/From $94K + Superannuation + Council Leaseback Vehicle.
Please review the Position Description available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5:00pm on Wednesday, 27 October 2021.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.