ASSET SYSTEMS OFFICER
About the role:
Council is seeking an enthusiastic and outcome focused problem solver to join our Asset Management Team. As Asset Systems Officer, you will be responsible for information management in Council's Asset Management System, involved in modelling of asset data towards developing long term capital works program priorities, asset data capture from various sources of dedications and internal inspections, CAPEX capitalisation, data collection templates and reporting activities.
- Maintain data in Council's strategic asset management systems;
- Assess technical reports and documents and assist with preparation of asset management plans;
- Assess asset condition/defects and advise relevant internal and external stakeholders;
- Map and quantify new and found assets in Council's corporate GIS system;
- Assist in revaluation of Council's Assets;
- Develop processes to address asset data gaps;
- Develop system based templates and assist in asset inspections for condition and defect assessments or for asset/project handover meetings;
- Perform proactive structural condition and serviceability assessment of Council's assets;
- Provide asset information and recommendations to Management to assist capital works improvements, including modelling and prioritisation of assets;
- Provide engineering and/or works advice;
- Gather and collate strategic asset data relating to performance, function and capacity;
- Analyse, interpret and report detailed strategic asset data;
- Undertake capitalisation and subdivider dedications of assets for year-end Audit;
- Program, manage and coordinate the delivery of asset management projects and assist with supervision of contractors and consultants;
- Monitor and review contracts and all project documentation.
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Degree in Engineering, Asset Management, Project Management or similar qualifications;
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and improving Asset Management techniques and systems;
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Strategic Asset Management Systems;
- Working knowledge of LG Code of Accounting Practice and Financial Reporting, ISO55000 Asset Management Standards and/or IPWEA International Infrastructure Management Manual and associated Practice Notes;
- Sound understanding of data integration, management and reporting processes between Asset Management, Finance, Data Management and Geographical Information Systems;
- Current Class C Motor Vehicle Licence.
Permanent, Full Time Role, Position Number: S0930, Salary: Circa/From $83K + Superannuation.
Please review the Position Description available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5:00pm on Friday, 22 October 2021.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.