CIVIL WORKS ASSISTANT
About the role:
The purpose of this role is to work in a team involved in a variety of tasks associated with the maintenance of Council's Civil Infrastructure including the cleansing and collection of waste from public spaces.
- Work in a team to assist with the maintenance of Council's Civil Infrastructure Assets including (but not limited to) roads, traffic facilities, footpaths, kerb and gutter and drainage.
- Assist in the delivery of maintenance programs and activities across all of Council's infrastructure asset classes
- Respond to planned and reactive maintenance requests
- Removal of orphan waste (including asbestos) and cleaning up of sites
- Public place cleaning and waste collection
- Operate plant or equipment including driving a truck and towing a plant trailer
- Other duties specified by the supervisor/manager.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Completion of Higher School Certificate
- White Card - General Construction Induction
- Drivers Licence (Class MR) - NSW
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Rostered Days Off, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full-time Role, W0235, Salary: From $58K + Superannuation
Please review the Position Description available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on 28 September 2021.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.