BUILDING LANDUSE OFFICER
About the role:
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced individual to join our Regulatory Services team in the position of Building Landuse Officer. In this position you will focus on investigating, enforcing and educating on all aspect of compliance matters/issues/services associated with existing development, building sites and illegal land use in accordance with applicable legislation, Acts, Regulations and local procedures.
- Monitor development, building and subdivision sites;
- Carry out inspections, issue orders and penalty infringement notices;
- Issue warnings/cautions, penalty notices, notices and orders for offences;
- Investigate property, unauthorised development and land use complaints;
- Enforce legislation requirement;
- Investigate pollution and illegal dumping incidents and offences;
- Prepare statement of basic facts and contentions and briefs of evidence;
- Prepare statement of evidence, affidavits and appear in Court.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Diploma/Certificate IV in Town Planning, Environmental Health or Building Surveying, law enforcement or related field;
- Experience in Law Enforcement or a good knowledge of local government enforcement procedures;
- Sound written and verbal communication, problem and conflict resolution skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and meet tight timeframes;
- White Card - General Construction Induction;
- Current Class C NSW Drivers Licence.
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full Time Role, Position Number S1070;
Salary: Circa/From $79K + Superannuation + Leaseback Motor Vehicle
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5:00pm on Tuesday, 21 September 2021.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.