About the role:
An opportunity exists at The Hills Shire Council's for an Auto Electrician. This role is required to provide an auto electrical service for council's fleet of vehicles, plant and equipment. The role is also required to provide support to the Mechanical Services Team carrying out other mechanical and administrative duties.
- Provide auto electrical services across Council's fleet and plant.
- Assist with the commissioning and decommissioning of vehicles.
- Assist with general fleet administration and customer service including the taking of deliveries and pickup of parts/vehicles.
- Maintain a clean and safe workshop working environment for all fleet and workshop staff including hazard identification and regular risk assessments.
- Ensure compliance with National Heavy Vehicle Law and Chain of Responsibility requirements.
- Respond to reactive and scheduled maintenance requests in a timely manner.
- Integrate quality, environment and safety performance into all functions and activities undertaken.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor and/or manager.
To be considered for this role you will possess the following:
- Ability to deal with both internal and external customers with sound negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Must have practical knowledge of all types of machinery and tools.
- Trade or professional qualifications in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Forklift Licence (LF)
- Class HR Drivers Licence (or willingness to obtain)
- Drivers Licence (Class C)
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Rostered Days Off, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full-time, W0141, Salary: Circa $67K + Superannuation
This position is based at Council's Workshop in Winston Hills.
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on 5th October 2021.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.