PAYROLL OFFICER Re-Advertised
RE-ADVERTISED ROLE - PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY
About the role:
Are you a proactive and enthusiastic individual with a ‘can do' attitude, keen eye for detail and accuracy? An exciting opportunity exists to join our Payroll team as a Payroll Officer. The position provides delivery of all payroll functions across the organisation.
- Perform all Payroll functions [entry/process/check and master file maintenance];
- Check, investigate and resolve all system alerts, messages and reports prior to submission;
- Calculate termination payments & related documentation;
- Reconcile & Pay PAYG tax; monthly superannuation & payroll creditors;
- Prepare & enter Total Remuneration Packages (TRP's);
- Complete Centrelink & Australian Bureau of Statistics returns;
- Process Certificate of Service for Council staff transfers on termination & hiring;
- Assist with EOFY ATO STP requirements;
- Provide Local Government (State) Award interpretation in relation to Payroll;
- Payroll Reconciliation/computation & provision of supporting documentation, as requested;
- Respond to and follow up on Payroll enquiries;
- File & maintain documentation, including year-end archiving.
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Higher School Certificate/Accounting Certificate;
- Minimum of 5 years payroll experience;
- Sound understanding & knowledge of Payroll processes, practices & legislation;
- Excellent numeracy, analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail & accuracy;
- Demonstrated knowledge & experience with monthly reconciliations;
- Good communication and customer service skills in handling a range of payroll enquiries;
- Competent written & oral communication skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Local Government payroll experience - highly desirable;
- Current Class C Motor Vehicle Licence.
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full Time role, Position Number S0057, Salary: Circa/From $75K + Superannuation.
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Wednesday, 4 August 2021.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.