VEGETATION & ARBORICULTURAL ASSESSMENT OFFICER
About the role:
The Hills Shire Council is seeking a Vegetation and Arboricultural Assessment Officer to contribute to the assessments and maintenance of trees and shrubs in public areas in order to determine and document an appropriate course of action for the benefit of the community and resolution of customer issues related to vegetation assets in public places.
- Inspect park assets to determine condition in accordance with adopted practices;
- Identify any relevant asset defects during inspections and advise the relevant maintenance team as appropriate;
- Arrange rectification works where necessary;
- Provide excellent customer service throughout the investigation of public assets;
- Investigate requests for infrastructure related issues;
- Monitor work of contractors and subcontractors;
- Preparation of correspondence, memo and reports.
To be considered for this role you will be an experienced horticulturist/greenkeeper and will possess:
- Certificate III in Arboriculture, Horticulture, Vegetation Maintenance or 5+ years' experience in a similar role;
- NSW Construction Induction (White) Card;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Competent computer skills;
- Class C Motor Vehicle Licence.
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Rostered Days Off, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full Time Role, Position Number: W0201, Salary: From $70,000 + Superannuation + Council ‘To and From' Vehicle.
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Tuesday 3 August 2021.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.