About the role:
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and suitable qualified team player to join our Development Assessment (DAs) team as a Town Planner. In this position, you will provide excellent customer service by responding to customer enquiries, inspect completed developments and any alleged breaches to development consents and prepare professional reports relating to DAs.
- Process DAs, including preparation & submission of reports for residential, industrial, commercial, retail & rural developments;
- Attend to planning enquiries over the counter / telephone/email;
- Investigate & report on unauthorised uses, alleged breaches of development consents;
- Prepare of Statement of Evidence, Affidavits & appear in Land & Environment & Local Courts
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Degree/Tertiary qualification in Town Planning or related discipline;
- Understanding experience of town planning principles;
- Sound knowledge of the EP&A Act & related legislation;
- Competent written & oral communication skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines, work within a multi-disciplinary team & achieve accurate & precise work with minimal supervision;
- Current Class C Motor Vehicle Licence.
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full Time role, Position Number S0871, Salary: Circa/From $77K + Superannuation.
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Wednesday, 21 April 2021.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.