SENIOR STORMWATER SYSTEMS ENGINEER
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified and highly skilled professional Senior Stormwater Systems Engineer to join our Stormwater & Waterways Management team. The primary function of this position is to provide effective and efficient asset management planning for constructed stormwater systems, including the broader impacts of stormwater system projects, impacts of urban flooding and water quality on the natural environment and provide expert professional technical advice on large scale development assessments, in accordance with professional engineering standards and best practice principles.
- Develop & implement strategic asset management plan, identify proactive maintenance, refurbishment & renewal for constructed stormwater system;
- Develop specialised design & provide construction advice for section of Waterways Capital Works Program;
- Manage & maintain asset register & links to corporate system (GIS);
- Manage & provide high level project management for stormwater system projects, including project scope development, selection of specialist consultants & cost control;
- Review applications & provide technical advice with regards to complex development proposals;
- Review & analyse advanced technology flood modelling & mapping tools;
- Develop, review & analyse hydrologic, hydraulic & water quality models;
- Prepare & develop standards for the planning, design & construction of modern surface water management infrastructure;
- Manage dam surveillance reporting, maintenance & investigations for Council's portfolio of declared dams and detention basins.
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or similar qualification;
- Extensive experience in stormwater management, design, construction & maintenance of stormwater infrastructure including WSUD techniques;
- Substantial experience in the management of constructed stormwater assets & preparation, development & review of asset management & stormwater management plans;
- Demonstrated consultant management experience, including review of consultant designs;
- Proficient in strategic/asset/project management, hydraulic, hydrologic & water quality modelling & declared dams management;
- Current Class C Motor Vehicle Driver's Licence.
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full Time Role, Position Number S1049;
Salary: Circa/From $101K to $106K based on knowledge, skill, experience + Superannuation + Car Allowance [$12,603 per annum].
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5:00pm on Monday, 19 April 2021.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.