About the role:
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a highly motivated and enthusiastic team that effectively delivers quality services on all Council's rating related matters? This role will have exposure to the wide range of rates related activities provided to The Hills ratepayers in accordance with rating provision of the Local Government Act.
- Process, monitor & administer all matters related to Council's rates activities;
- Process applications for rate exemption and change of rating category;
- Process supplementary Levies;
- Levy of Waste Management Charges & weekly reconciliation;
- Issue & checking of S603 Certificates;
- Process notices of sales;
- Process pensioner rebates & quarterly Pensioner Validations;
- Reconcile the Rating System to the General Ledger and land values to The Valuer General;
- Maintain & perform NAR (Name & Address Register) analysis & data cleansing;
- Process direct debit & Centrepay bank uploads;
- Process new direct debit applications;
- Debt recovery communication, processing & maintenance.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Higher School Certificate;
- Minimum 3+ years' experience in a similar role within Local Government;
- High level interpersonal, time management, communication, problem and conflict resolution skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, work collaboratively, ability to deal with both sensitive & confidential information and meet tight timeframes;
- Sound knowledge & strong understanding of Local Government Act and the Land Valuation Act relevant to rating services;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, namely Excel and Word.
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full Time Role, Position Numbers S0980;
Salary: Circa/From $74K + Superannuation
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5:00pm on Monday, 8 March 2021.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.