MANAGER LIBRARY SERVICES
We are seeking an innovative leader who can demonstrate strategic leadership in the future direction and trends of library services to embrace emerging community need. Responsible for a $6million budget this position will develop and implement library operational, resourcing and strategic plans. If you have the passion to set and deliver on the direction of our library services we want to hear from you.
Working with Council:
You will benefit from additional Days of Leave, Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Modern Office and Library Locations, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, and Working for the Community.
To be successful in obtaining this role you will need to demonstrate at interview you can:
- Embed the values, skills, roles and culture of the library services team to support the physical collection and embrace change in a rapidly changing technological environment.
- Oversee library collections in accordance with changing trends and borrowing patterns including e-content and delivery.
- Deliver the future needs of library spaces and systems to remain relevant for the future utilising innovative service models that facilitate social inclusion and community connection.
In this role you will possess:
- Degree or post graduate qualifications in Library Management or related discipline coupled with a minimum 10 years' experience in a managerial role.
- A high level of proficiency in modern professional library principles, practices & procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership in a multi-site customer service environment.
- Proven high level operational & budgetary planning skills.
- Demonstrated project management & change management experience coupled with sound relationship/stakeholder management.
- Achievements in the operational management of Libraries.
- Class C Motor Vehicle Drivers Licence.
Permanent Full Time Role, Position Number CN0025, Salary Package Circa $205k inclusive of Superannuation and Car Allowance. This position is expected to commence in mid May 2021.
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Tuesday 9 March 2021.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and will also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.