BUILDING COMPLIANCE OFFICER
About the role:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Regulatory Services team as a Building Compliance Officer. The role's primary function is to provide in a professional manner an efficient, expedient range of services and controls enabled and required by legislation and Council policy with regards to unauthorised development/building works complaints investigations, assessment of Building Certificate Applications and Swimming Pool Compliance Certificate Applications.
- Investigate complaints & undertake properties inspections relating to unauthorised development & compliance relevant to private property;
- Process Building Certificate applications & applications in relation to requirements of EPA Act and/or Building Code of Australia;
- Process Swimming Pool Compliance Certificates & applications for barrier exemptions;
- Prepare reports to Council & Council's Development Assessment Unit relating to unauthorised development ;
- Prepare Statement of Basic Facts and Contentions and briefs of evidence in relation to compliance matter and attend Courts as required;
- Carry out inspections, issue Orders and penalty infringement notices for breaches of Council's Development Controls, conditions & other statutory requirements;
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Diploma/Degree qualifications in Planning, Building Surveying, Compliance or equivalent demonstrated work experience in a similar regulatory role;
- Understanding & working knowledge of the Planning & Certification System in NSW + The Building Code of Australia & Australian Standards (1-2 years);
- Knowledge of The Building Code of Australia, Swimming Pools Act & Regulations & Australian Standards (1-2 years);
- Well-developed interpersonal and conflict resolution skills;
- Demonstrated ability to working in an environment of demanding workloads and time constraints;
- Class C Motor Vehicle Licence.
Permanent Full Time Role, Position Number S1028;
Salary: Circa/From $77K + Superannuation + Council Leaseback Motor Vehicle
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5:00pm on Friday, 29 January 2021.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.