STORMWATER SYSTEMS ENGINEER Re-Advertised
RE-ADVERTISED ROLE - PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified and experienced Stormwater Systems Engineer to join our Stormwater & Waterways Management team. The primary function of this position is to provide advanced technical expertise & engineering support to the asset management planning and design process, in accordance with professional engineering standards and best practice principles.
- Develop, review & analyse hydrologic & hydraulic & water quality models of Council's constructed stormwater, natural waterways & floodplain systems associated with Council's asset management plan & Works Program, development proposals & strategic land use assessments;
- Contribute towards improving understanding of hydrologic level of service provided by Council's constructed stormwater system;
- Contribute towards asset database & the prioritising of future rehabilitation & system upgrade works;
- Prepare best practice designs resulting in urban flood risk reduction which incorporates an improvement of hydrologic level of service, ensuring construction cost estimates are scoped & priced accurately, within budget;
- Provide technical expertise, engaging & contributing to all enquires including provision of information related to Council's constructed stormwater system and floodplain matters.
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or similar qualification with a major in hydrology and hydraulics [at least 5 years' experience];
- Extensive experience in the development, use, review, interpretation & analysis of water quality & hydrologic & hydraulic models;
- Demonstrated computer literacy & extensive experience in water engineering applications, including DRAINS, MUSIC, HY-8, HEC-RAS, RAFTS , TUFLOW, waterRIDE, catchmentSIM and GIS mapping tools (especially ESRI ArcGIS);
- Demonstrated experience in the development of design & impact modelling for constructed stormwater systems upgrades, including preparation of construction cost estimates;
- Proficient in undertaking flood studies, using advanced technology & in developing, calibrating & simulating models using hydrological & hydraulic software [3+ years' experience];
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full Time Role, Position Number S0764;
Salary: Circa/From $101K to $106K + Superannuation, subject to experience and qualifications. You will have opportunities for on-going training and development.
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5:00pm on Friday, 27 November 2020.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.