DEVELOPMENT ASSESSMENT COORDINATOR
About the role:
Our Development Assessment team has an exciting opportunity for a qualified and experienced Development Assessment Coordinator to join the team. You will be responsible for the provision of expert technical advice, supervision of a small team of Town Planners to achieve the very best planning and development outcomes on a wide range of Development Applications (DA) and/or Construction Certificates (CC) & statutory planning services matters.
- Coordinate projects & key initiatives to improve business & service delivery processes;
- Prepare planning data & professional planning reports;
- Provide advice on town planning & building surveying enquiries;
- Allocate & monitor workload within the team;
- Prepare, coordinator & finalise development consents and/or CC
To be considered for this role you will have current or previous DA Coordinator experience within a Council, or be a long term accomplished Senior Planner looking for a career progression. You will need to possess:
- Degree in Town Planning/Building Surveying/Environmental Building Sciences or similar disciple;
- Comprehensive, extensive expertise & understanding in Town Planning/Building Surveying & NSW Planning & Certification system[5+ years' experience] in local government;
- Sound understanding of Local Government, Environmental Planning legislation, practices & current issues [5+ years];
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication & community engagement skills;
- Experience managing a group of multi-disciplinary professionals [5+ years];
- Strong analytical & organisational skills, able to prioritise & manage competing tasks, meet deadlines and achieve targets;
- Current Class C Drivers Licence.
Permanent Full-time role, Position Number S1039
Salary: Circa/From $101K + Superannuation + option of Council Leaseback Vehicle OR Car Allowance
To apply, visit Council's Internal Job Board and submit your on-line application by 5:00pm, Friday, 27 November 2020.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community