SENIOR CAPITAL WORKS PROJECT OFFICER (Maternity Leave - up to 12 months)
About the role:
An opportunity exists for a motivated and experienced individual to join our Capital Works Team to deliver a range of civil projects as identified in the Capital Works program, specialising in road and transport projects. As a Senior Capital Works Projects Officer you will provide specialist advice and project management techniques to ensure Council's end product meets specified requirements and standards.
- Implementation of procurement processes such as tendering, requests for quotation, evaluation of submissions and engagement of contractors.
- Prepare Project Plans including project programmes and project cost reports based on input from the project team and stakeholders to guide execution & control of allocated projects incorporating use of Gantt Charts;
- Work closely with the Principal Coordinator to prepare detailed project reports for senior and executive staff using live data to demonstrate projects are progressing and that budget and timeframes are being effectively managed;
- Assist the Principal Coordinator with a weekly project portfolio update to form a part of a weekly Capital Works update to Councillors and Management that informs of impending activities, duration and possible impacts of construction activities;
- Administer contracts and control all incoming and outgoing project documentation;
- Coordination and supervision of contractors;
To be considered for this role you will be an experienced project manager and will possess:
- Degree qualification in Civil Engineering, Project Management, Construction or related discipline with minimum 5-10 years industry experience in project delivery and managing contractors;
- Design and construction knowledge of civil engineering projects, with a high level of experience in road and transportation projects such as roads, intersection upgrades, road resurfacing, carparks and footpath/cycleway networks;
- High level understanding of project management processes, tendering & procurement, WHS, security of payments legislation, contract law & administration, Environmental Planning including relevant codes & legislation;
- Proficient in computer applications such as MS Project & Excel and preferably drawing & estimating software packages;
- Demonstrated financial, contract, project management and time management skills.
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Temporary Full Time Role (up to 12 months), Position Number ML531, Salary: From $100K + Superannuation + Car Allowance.
For further details regarding this role, please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Thursday 29 October 2020.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.