PRINCIPAL COORDINATOR - ROAD AND TRANSPORT SYSTEMS
About the role:
The Hills Shire Council is seeking a professional and experienced individual who will lead and be responsible for our Road and Transport Systems team within Council's Capital Works Department. The primary focus of this role is to provide specialist advice, coordinate, manage and deliver road and transport construction projects within Council's Capital Works Program.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities of the team in the delivery of road and transport projects to ensure timing, budget, quality, communication and other associated objectives are met;
- Prepare & oversee the teams tendering specifications, requests for tender, evaluation of tender submissions including chairing of tender evaluation panels and the reporting of tenders to seek their award;
- Manage, implement and maintain Council's Panel Contract (Schedule of Rates) for civil infrastructure work;
- Project manage Council's Capital Works Construction Team including preparation of project plans & quotations and the implementation of procurement & construction processes;
- Prepare project briefs for consultancy work & project manage the consultancy as required within the approved budget and agreed timeframes;
- Prepare Council reports, presentations and other documents to exceptional standards;
- Provide technical advice to residents, management, tenderers, contractors or other customers;
- Produce a project portfolio update as part of a weekly Capital Works update to Councillors and Management that informs of impending activities, duration and possible impacts of construction;
- Enforce Council's Health & Safety procedures with staff, contractors and consultants;
- Support and undertake major projects as requested by the Manager and Group Manager.
To be considered for this role you will be a qualified, experienced Civil Engineer and will possess:
- Degree or post graduate qualifications in Civil Engineering with minimum 10 years post qualification experience in delivering complex civil infrastructure engineering projects;
- Extensive design and construction experience involving major road & intersection upgrades including signalisation;
- Expert level understanding of project management processes, tendering & procurement, WHS, security of payments legislation, contract law & administration, Environmental Planning including relevant codes & legislation;
- Demonstrated experience in the development of tender specifications and schedule of rates contracts.
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full-Time, Position Number: CN0038, Salary: From $145,000 including Superannuation + Car Allowance + Civil Liability Allowance.
For further details regarding this role, please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Thursday 29 October 2020.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.