COORDINATOR VEGETATION MAINTENANCE (ARBORICULTURE) Rewarding Career Opportunity at The Hills Shire Council
About the role:
An opportunity exists at The Hills Shire Council for a Coordinator Vegetation Maintenance within the Infrastructure and Works Group. The primary focus of this role is to manage Councils reactive vegetation maintenance, more specifically Councils street tree network. You will also be involved in leading, coordinating and supervising teams, contractors and resources, including developing and managing operational plans, scheduling, monitoring performance outcomes and managing plant, equipment and materials.
- Ensure that operational activities deliver required service levels and that performance standards are efficient and effective;
- Provide after-hours emergency support on a rotational roster
- Undertake accident and incident investigations and reporting in accordance with Council requirements;
- Investigate, action/resolve and report on Customer Requests, or identified service problem areas/complaints;
- Undertake procurement activities, including seeking quotations tenders in accordance with Council's Procurement Guidelines;
- Assist, manage and coordinate any outsourced services including preparation of technical specifications, report writing, procurement and all other contract management duties;
- Ensure that team is completing work to an acceptable standard and in accordance with current maintenance activity specifications;
- Provide leadership and guidance to Team Leaders and staff within the team;
- Undertake the delivery of maintenance works within budget allocation.
To be considered for this role you will have strong experience in arboriculture and will possess:
- Tertiary degree qualifications in related discipline;
- Significant practical experience in vegetation maintenance;
- Extensive experience in the supervision and coordination of staff.
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Rostered Days Off and Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Permanent full-time role, Position Number: W0203, Salary: From $95,000 + Superannuation + to and from or leaseback vehicle.
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Thursday 24 September 2020.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.