TEAM LEADER - GROUNDS MAINTENANCE
About the role:
An opportunity exists for a motivated Team Leader in our Vegetation Maintenance Team within The Infrastructure and Works Group.
You will be leading a team involved in a variety of tasks associated with the planned maintenance of Council's parks, gardens, reserves and sporting grounds, such as:
- Operation of mowers and a range of equipment to maintain parks, gardens, sports fields and nature strips
- Preparation and maintenance of turf areas
- Maintenance of garden areas, including rainwater gardens
- Upkeep of presentation of vegetation
- Planned cleaning of laneways
To be considered for this role you will be a qualified and experienced in Horticulture and will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Horticulture or Arboriculture, Green keeping Certificate or equivalent trade/relevant experience
- Experience in garden & landscape maintenance and weed & pest identification/control measures
- Experience in the supervision and co-ordination of staff, plant and materials
- NSW Construction Induction Training ‘Whitecard'
- Confident in the use of iPads
- Experience in the preparation and maintenance of turf cricket wickets is desirable
- Qualifications in the operation of a chainsaw or hedge trimmer is desirable
- A current class C drivers licence, with a MR Licence desirable
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Rostered Days Off and Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Position details: Permanent Full Time Role, Position No. W0253, Salary: From $65,000 + Superannuation
Next steps: Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Friday 14 August 2020.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.