About the role:
An opportunity exists for an experienced Plant Operator to assist in the construction of roads, footpaths and drainage as well as assisting on site with general labour as part of your day to day activities.
1. Driving a truck used for the movement of materials and plants to and from work sites, including the towing of a plant trailer;
2. Carrying out a variety of tasks associated with the operation of a skid steer loader, excavator, roller and forklift including the transportation, loading and lifting of materials, as well as the operation of attachments;
3. Assist the Team leader as directed in a variety of other duties, including traffic control and general labouring.
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Experience as a truck driver including the towing of trailers Class HC/HR Motor
- Experience in the use of skid steer loaders, excavators, rollers and forklifts Proven Experience in General Labouring.
- HR Vehicle Licence (willingness to upgrade to HC licence)
- Induction Training for Construction Work in NSW ‘Whitecard'
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Rostered Days Off and Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Position details: Permanent, full-time role, Position Number: W0014, Salary: From $60,000 + Superannuation
Next steps: Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Friday 14 August 2020.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.