CIVIL MAINTENANCE WORKS OVERSEER
About the role:
An opportunity exists for a Civil Maintenance professional to provide technical and operational services in the coordination, administration and supervision of Council's concrete and asphalt maintenance works projects.
- Coordinate, administer and supervise the activities of contractors and sub-contractors throughout the maintenance process, ensuring final product is constructed in accordance with Councils Maintenance Specifications, within allocated budget and specified timeframe;
- Offer solutions to identified onsite construction problems;
- Prepare resident notification letters;
- Address concerns as well as communicate and negotiate effectively with public utility authorities, government authorities, businesses, residents, property owners and others in respect to assigned infrastructure project activities;
- Complete and provide regular information / updates on progress of completed and outstanding maintenance works;
- Raise, verify & authorise payment of invoices submitted by contractors;
- Assist with procurement processes to deliver projects;
- Assist in the review of guidelines and procedures including the identification of efficiencies;
- Assist with the investigation of risk issues and insurance claims arising from the condition of Council's Civil Infrastructure.
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- TAFE Diploma in Construction with minimum 5 years' experience in construction field;
- Demonstrated experience in supervising construction projects & managing contractors;
- Knowledge in the design, construction, maintenance of local government infrastructure;
- WHS Induction Training for Construction Work in NSW ‘Whitecard';
- Class C Motor Vehicle Driver's License.
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Rostered Days Off and Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Position details: Permanent, full-time role, Position Number: W0249, Salary: From $74,000 + Superannuation
Next steps: Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Friday 14 August 2020.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.