STRATEGIC PLANNING COORDINATOR
Rewarding Career Opportunity at The Hills Shire Council
About the role:
Do you thrive in a fast paced and dynamic work environment, approaching tasks enthusiastically and working collaboratively in a team environment?
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced, highly competent, motivated and suitable qualified individual to join the Forward Planning Team at The Hills Shire Council.
- Coordinate the output of a team of Town Planners and support staff in the Forward Planning Team;
- Lead and mentor team to achieve outcomes on all aspects of the section's activities;
- Monitor and maintain planning instruments;
- Monitor and manage developer contributions;
- Contribute to the overall planning and management of development, growth and infrastructure in The Hills.
To be considered for this role you will need to possess:
- Degree qualification in Town Planning or related field such as Economics, Architecture, Environmental Science, Geography, and/or 4-6 years' experience in a similar role;
- Demonstrated skills and experience in town planning and urban design; assessment and preparation of planning proposals;
- Highly proficient in the preparation, review and management of contribution plans, recreation and social planning and land development;
- Sound project management skills and proven ability to lead and mentor a team;
- Highly developed strategic analytical, investigative and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to produce thorough and well researched reports.
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Rostered Days Off and Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full Time Role, Position Number S0184
Salary: Circa/From $100K + Superannuation + Car Allowance + Other Benefits
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Monday, 13 July 2020.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.