CIVIL WORKS PLANT OPERATOR
Rewarding Career Opportunity at The Hills Shire Council
About the role:
There is an opportunity for a Civil Works Plant Operator within The Hills Shire Council's Infrastructure and Works Group. You will operate a skid steer loader and drive a truck/trailer combination involved in public construction and maintenance works on roads, parks, footpaths and drainage systems
- Excavation, loading and lifting of materials
- Assist with major/minor construction maintenance
- Carry out excavation and public construction works
- Checking truck, trailer and loader for water, oil and battery, tyre pressures, ensuring the machine is greased
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Class HC Motor Vehicle Licence
- Experience in the operation of a Skid Steer Loader
- NSW (White card) or willingness to obtain
- Proven experience as a truck driver including towing
- Ability to communicate in both written and oral form
- Confident in the use of iPads
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Rostered Days Off and Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full Time Role, Position Number W0194, Salary: From $59K + Superannuation + Other Benefits
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Tuesday 31 March 2020.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.