SENIOR TOWN PLANNER
Rewarding Career Opportunity at The Hills Shire Council
About the role:
There is an opportunity for a Senior Town Planner to join The Hills Shire Councils Development and Compliance Group in our Development Assessment team.
- Consultation with developers, residents and wider community in relation to Development Applications
- Assessment of major development application
- Preparation and signing correspondence prepared by other Planning staff in the Development and Compliance Group, as delegated and as required
- Preparation of Statement of Evidence, Affidavits and appearance in the Land and Environment and Local Courts, as required
- Coordinate, manage & report on conciliation and mediation of disputes for applications associated with the Development and Compliance Group
- Facilitate formal pre-lodgement meetings for development proposals in the release of the Shire
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Town Planning degree, Post Graduate qualifications of Tertiary qualifications in Town Planning and/or related discipline
- 2 years or more demonstrated experience in Town Planning and dealing with internal/external stakeholders
- Sound and proficient report writing and documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, working to tight timeframes
- Class C Motor Vehicle Licence
- 2 years or more of extensive demonstrated knowledge of Environment Planning and Assessment Act, Local Government Town Planning and other legislation relevant to Town Planning in NSW
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Rostered Days Off and Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full Time Role, Position Number S0132, Salary: Circa/From $95K + Superannuation + Option of Car Allowance or Council Leaseback Vehicle + Other Benefits
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Wednesday 26 February 2020.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.