Rewarding Career Opportunity at The Hills Shire Council
About the role:
There is an opportunity for a Town Planner to join The Hills Shire Councils Development and Compliance Group in our Development Assessment team. You will attend to customer enquiries, inspects completed developments and any alleged breaches development consents. You will also prepare professional reports in relation to Development Assessment and in accordance with legislative requirements
- Processes DA including preparation and submission of reports to the DAU, LPP or RPP for residential, industrial, commercial, retail & rural developments
- Consultation in relation to telephone and Customer Service Centre planning enquiries
- Reporting on planning requirements of Building Certificates
- Investigate and report to the DAU, LPP or RPP on unauthorised uses, alleged breaches of development consents, as required
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Degree in Town Planning/Tertiary qualifications in Town Planning or related discipline
- Understanding experience of town planning principles
- Sound knowledge of the EP&A Act and related legislation
- Competent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, work with a multi-disciplinary team, achieve accurate and precise work with minimum supervision
- Class C Motor Vehicle Drivers Licence
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Rostered Days Off and Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full Time Role, Position Number S0997, Salary: Circa/From $76K + Superannuation + Other Benefits
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Wednesday 26 February 2020.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.