CIVIL WORKS ASSISTANT - MAINTENANCE
Rewarding Career Opportunity at The Hills Shire Council
About the role:
There is an opportunity for a Civil Works Assistant to join The Hills Shire Council's Infrastructure and Works Group within the Civil Works team. This position will complete a variety of tasks associated with the maintenance of roads, kerb and gutter, drainage, pathways, litter collection and cleansing of public spaces.
- Stormwater maintenance (including repairs and minor construction) and cleaning of pits
- Pathway maintenance
- Repair of potholes
- Identification and make safe of hazards and defects
- Removal of orphan waste and cleaning up of sites
- Installation and construction of concrete features related to footpaths, drainage and road structures
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Experience in civil maintenance or construction
- Minimum MR drivers licence or willingness to obtain
- School Certificate
- WorkCover NSW Construction Induction Training ‘Whitecard'
- Traffic control ticket or willingness to obtain
- Willingness to obtain certification in working at heights, confined spaces, asbestos removal and trained in the use of HIAB
- Confident in the use of an iPad
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Rostered Days Off and Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full Time Role, Position Number W0018, Salary: Circa/From $56K + Superannuation + Other Benefits
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Tuesday 25 February 2020.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.