TEAM LEADER ROAD MAINTENANCE
Rewarding Career Opportunity at The Hills Shire Council
About the role:
There is an opportunity for a Team Leader Road Maintenance within The Hills Shire Council's Infrastructure and Works Group. The prime function of this role is to lead Council's Pothole team in a variety of tasks associated with reactive road maintenance.
- Allocate resources to the Pothole Team (labour, plant, materials and subcontractors) to maintain Council's infrastructure
- Monitor work to ensure it is completed to an acceptable standard per Maintenance Activity Specifications and within designated schedules
- Day-to-day management of their team and associated tasks such as completion and/or approvals of required documentation, including but not limited to, WHS checklists, MyFlo, Units of Measure, timesheets and customer requests
- Provide assistance to other Civil Works teams including Council's proactive road maintenance team and construction team
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Trade certificate in Civil Construction/maintenance or other relevant qualification
- Minimum MR or HR drivers licence or willingness to obtain
- WorkCover NSW Construction Induction Training ‘Whitecard'
- Extensive general experience in civil construction
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision and co-ordination of staff, plant and materials
- Ability to communicate in both oral and written form
- Confident in the use of an IPad
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Rostered Days Off and Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full Time Role, Position Number W0037, Salary: Circa/From $65K + Superannuation + Other Benefits
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Monday 27 January 2020
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.