TREE MANAGEMENT OFFICER
Rewarding Career Opportunity at The Hills Shire Council
About the role:
There is an opportunity for a Tree Management Officer within The Hills Shire Council's Development and Compliance Group in our Environment and Health team.
- Assessment and determination of applications for tree removal/pruning
- Investigate complaints and undertake inspection of properties with respect to unauthorised land clearing, native vegetation removal and tree removal in accordance with Council policies, standards & legislation
- Assessment of Development and Subdivision applications with respect to the provisions of Council's Tree Management Guidelines and Development Control Plan
To be considered for this role you will be an experienced Arborist and will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Arboriculture/Horticulture and/or similar related field
- Experience in Local Government as an Arborist, in assessment of development applications with respect to tree management and enforcement procedures (2-5 years) or similar
- Working knowledge of the Local Government Act, Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, Tree (Dispute Between Neighbours) Act, Protection of the Environment Operations Act, Biodiversity Conservation Act and related legislation
- Experience in dealing with customer, with an ability to deal with and solve protracted enquiries
- Current Class C Motor Vehicle Driver Licence
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Rostered Days Off and Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full Time Role, Position Number S0143, Salary: Circa/From $80K + Superannuation + Council Leaseback Vehicle + Other Benefits
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Friday 31 January 2020.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.