COMMUNITY AND EVENTS COORDINATOR
Rewarding Career Opportunity at The Hills Shire Council
About the role:
There is an opportunity for a Coordinator of Community and Events within The Hills Shire Council's Customer, Community Services and Technology Group. The prime function of this role is to coordinate the strategic and day to day operations of the events program as well as the community activities and volunteer programs for the Council.
- Coordinate the Community and Events Team to deliver events and activities for the community
- Develop a Business Plan and annual program of activities and events that aligns with Council's priorities and prioritise projects for delivery
- Delegate and monitor projects and risk management plans
- Allocate resources to deliver Community Development and Events activities including the Grants and Donations Program in accordance with Council's Policies and Procedures
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- 5 years+ Community and/or Event experience at senior level in a similar capacity
- 5 years+ supervisory experience
- Event Management or Community Development tertiary qualifications are desirable
- Qualifications in Project Management or similar is desirable
- High level conflict management and customer service skills
- Ability to influence, engage and negotiate with a range of stakeholders
- Experienced in Events and Community based programs and their associated requirements (e.g. Level 2 Traffic management Plans)
- Political acumen
- Ability to manage the Events and Community teams effectively and efficiently, ensuring communication and delegation to the team
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Rostered Days Off and Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full Time Role, Position Number S0824, Salary: Circa/From $95K + Superannuation + Car Allowance + Other Benefits
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Thursday 23 January 2020.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.