ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Rewarding Career Opportunity at The Hills Shire Council
About the role:
Are you interested in helping local businesses grow and plan for their future? Do you have an understanding of demographic data, census information and statistics that would be of interest to businesses? Do you enjoy research and report writing with an emphasis on business development?
If this sounds like you, an opportunity exists to join the Economic Development team at The Hills Shire Council, working alongside our members of our local business community to support them as they grow.
Day to day activities include:
- Visiting local businesses to discuss how they support their business growth opportunities
- Building market intelligence on the local business community
- Supporting the local tourism Visitor Information Centre and its volunteer committee
- Developing strong connections with local business associations such as Chambers of Commerce
- Participating in marketing campaigns supporting investment attraction and business expansion
- Conducting research on economic development projects as required
To be considered for this role you will be an experienced economics professional and will possess:
- Degree in Economics or Business
- Approximately 5 years relevant experience working with businesses
- Detailed knowledge of economic research including census and economic modelling data
- Knowledge of social media marketing
- Enjoys meeting people and doing business presentations
- Current Class C Drivers Licence
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Rostered Days Off and Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community
Permanent Full Time, Position Number S0005, Salary: Circa/From $75K + 9.5% Superannuation + $12k Car Allowance + Other Benefits including variable leave every three weeks
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Friday 22 November 2019.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.