TOWN PLANNER X2
Rewarding Career Opportunity at The Hills Shire Council
About the role:
There are opportunities for two Town Planners (one Permanent Full Time and one Temporary 12 Month with the potential for a further 6 months extension) to join The Hills Shire Council's Forward Planning Team within the Shire Strategy, Transformation and Solutions Group.
- Contribute to the overall planning and management of development and growth in The Hills
- Undertake research and prepare professional reports in relation to strategic and regulatory planning matters
- Support the Manager Forward Planning in the carrying out of Council's Forward Planning functions including Local Strategy, Precinct Planning, Planning Proposals/Local Environmental Plans, Development Control Plans, Contributions Planning and Voluntary Planning Agreements.
To be considered for this role you will be an experienced Town Planner and will possess:
- Qualification in Town Planning or related field such as Economics, Architecture, Environmental Science, Geography or similar, and/or 0-3 years' experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and understanding of town planning and urban design, recreation and social planning, land development, communication, problem and conflict solving, project management, strategic analysis and interpretation, research and documentation
- Current Class C Motor Vehicle Licence
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Rostered Days Off and Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
There are two roles available (Permanent and Temporary), Position Number P250B & S0456, Salary: Circa/From $76K + Superannuation + Other Benefits
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Tuesday 19 November 2019.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.