Rewarding Career Opportunity at The Hills Shire Council
About the role:
There is an opportunity for a Property Officer within The Hills Shire Council's Shire Strategy, Transformation and Solutions Group.
- Provide professional and technical advice and support to the Manager and Principal Coordinator of the business unit in all activities relating to Council's property management
- Assists in the identification of opportunities for land use activities/property development
- Administering property transactions to the best financial advantage of Council
To be considered for this role you will be an experienced Property Officer and will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Valuation, Conveyancing, Property Management or 5+ years' experience in property and business activities
- Proven knowledge and understanding of contract administration, property and real estate markets and property industry trends
- Proficient in electronic systems document and systems management, superior negotiation, organisational, time management and property administrative skills
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge and ability to interpret and apply relevant legislative requirements relating to land use and property matters, including business activities
- Experience in Local Government, including statutory background in land tenure, administration and development
- Demonstrated experience in residential, retail and commercial property management
- Current Class C Motor Vehicle Drivers Licence
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Rostered Days Off and Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full Time, Position Number S0990, Salary: Circa/From $90K + Superannuation + Other Benefits
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Wednesday 23 October 2019.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.