Rewarding Career Opportunity at The Hills Shire Council
About the role:
There is an opportunity for a Transport Planner within The Hills Shire Councils Shire Strategy, Transformation and Solutions Group.
- Undertaking research, analysis and problem solving strategic transport related issues, leading to the delivery of sustainable transport outcomes
- Assisting and proactively contributing towards the improvement of transport infrastructure, management and planning related matter
- Providing advice and preparing relevant professional reports, advocating the delivery of safe and convenient transport system outcomes
To be considered for this role you will be an experienced planner and will possess:
- Degree in Planning or Engineering or at least 5+ years in transport planning or related discipline
- [desirable] Post graduate qualifications in a Transport related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and techniques of transport planning and traffic management, including an understanding of sustainable transport issues
- Experience in assessing traffic impact of development at the strategic planning & development assessment stages
- Ability to delivery projects with timeframes and budget
- Demonstrated experience in community consultation/public participation processes
- Good understanding of the inter-relationship between transport and land use
- Ability to think analytically and proficient in the determination of appropriate action to be taken in the resolution of transport problems
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Packages
- Current Class C Driver Licence
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Rostered Days Off and Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community
Permanent Full Time, Position Number S1006, Salary: Circa/From $100K + Superannuation + Car Allowance + Other Benefits
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Friday 20 September 2019.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.