PRINCIPAL COORDINATOR - TRANSPORT PLANNING AND PROJECT DESIGN SERVICES
Rewarding Career Opportunity at The Hills Shire Council
About the role:
There is an opportunity for a Principal Coordinator - Transport Planning and Project Design Services within The Hills Shire Councils Shire Strategy, Transformation and Solutions Group.
- Provide strategic advice, direction and input into the strategic planning, design and transport activities
- Provide specialist advice to improve understanding and advocate on Council's adopted sustainable Transport Direction
- Coordinate strategic and practical engineering/technical input to Asset Management Plans & Major Projects
To be considered for this role you will be an experienced engineer and will possess:
- Degree in Transport, Civil Engineering, Planning or related discipline or tertiary qualifications in relevant field with 10 years+ extensive practical experience
- Extensive experience and ability to formulate and implement strategies, supporting policies and procedures and systems related to transport
- Extensive experience with the management of Design and Transport matters and in the assessment of traffic impacts of Development Applications and Planning Proposals
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge and understanding of the development of traffic management and transport plans for new release areas and existing developed areas
- Current Class C Motor Vehicle Licence
- Strategic Management Skills - ability to formulate sound strategic advice for Council
- Proven negotiation, decision making, organisation and Customer Service Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office and Database applications, including GIS
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Rostered Days Off and Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community
Permanent Full Time, Position Number CN0023, Salary: Circa/From $145K including Superannuation + Car Allowance + Civil Liability Allowance + Other Benefits
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Friday 20 September 2019
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.