DESIGN PROJECT ENGINEER
Rewarding Career Opportunity at The Hills Shire Council
About the role:
There is an opportunity for a Design Project Engineer within The Hills Shire Councils Infrastructure and Transport Planning Group.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Council's Design Strategy plans, policies and 7.11 and 7.12 plans
- Assist in the provision of professional advice relating to design matters internally and externally
- Liaise with public authorities, public and private design companies, private developers and consultants on all design related matters in order to find solutions to design challenges encountered
To be considered for this role you will be a experienced engineer and will possess:
- Degree in Civil Engineering with 5+ years post qualification experience in projects and design works [desirable - Post graduate qualifications in a related field]
- Sound knowledge of tender, project management, engineering project planning design
- Extensive experience in the delivery of design & engineering related services, expertise and advice within financial constraints
- Experience in the preparation of civil engineering designs from concept to detailed phase
- Sound technical and computer literacy skills with knowledge of design and drafting computer packages
- Ability to make decisions based on sound judgement and managing competing demands
- Ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage project outcomes within timeframes and budgets
- Current Class C Driver Licence
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Rostered Days Off and Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full Time, Position Number S0217, Salary: Circa/From $100K + Superannuation + Council Leaseback Vehicle + Civil Liability Allowance + Other Benefits
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Friday 20 September.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.