PRINCIPAL COORDINATOR - SUBDIVISION AND RELEASE AREAS
Rewarding Career Opportunity at The Hills Shire Council
About the role:
There is an opportunity for a Principal Coordinator - Subdivision and Release areas within The Hills Shire Council's Development and Compliance Group.
- Assist the relevant manager in achieving the business objectives of the department and the delivery of day-to-day operations of the Subdivision and Development Certification Team
- Represent the Development and Compliance Group regarding organisational wide strategic engineering matters that will impact the delivery of development across release areas
- Provide strategic engineering input into future urban release land use applications, Contribution Plans, Voluntary Planning Agreements and Planning Proposals to ensure transition to the Development Assessment phase
To be considered for this role you will be an experienced engineer and will possess:
- Degree qualifications in Civil Engineering with minimum 10 years post qualification experience in delivering expert engineering input into development plans
- Preferably, Post Graduate qualifications in Town Planning or a related field such as Economics, Environmental Science, Geography
- Demonstrated extensive experience in development assessment and land use planning at the local government level
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding in all aspects of civil engineering design, construction, project management and land development
- Demonstrated experience with communication, problem and conflict solving, strategic analysis and interpretation, research and documentation, staff supervision and mentoring skills
- Self-motivated individual with strong leadership and innovations skills with ability to managing conflicting demands in a high pressure deadline driven environment
- Current Class C Motor Vehicle Drivers Licence
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Rostered Days Off and Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community
Permanent Full Time, CN0005, Salary: Circa/From $145K including Superannuation + Car Allowance + Civil Liability Allowance + Other Benefits
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Friday 20 September 2019.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.