PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT OFFICER
Rewarding Career Opportunity at The Hills Shire Council
About the role:
An opportunity exists within The Hills Shire Council's Finance and Organisational Performance Group for a Procurement Management Officer who will be responsible for maintaining, identifying and implementing improvements to Councils Contracts Management and Procurement processes.
- Provide high level operational management, reporting, business improvement and support
- Monitor Council's contractual documentation to ensure that contract conditions are in place
- Maintain all Council's Purchasing Catalogues and ensure that they remain current and create new catalogues, when required
- Provide expert Contract Management advice, where required
- Review and update contractual documentation to reflect best practice
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page www.thehills.nsw.gov.au
To be considered for this role you will be a governance expert and will possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Accounting/Legal preferred) and/or extensive experience in procurement, tendering and contract preparation, implementation and management
- Demonstrated project/contract management experience, including proven negotiation skills
- Practical experience and knowledge of government procurement strategies and policies
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages, especially Excel and Word
- Proven ability to coordinate and communicate with staff and suppliers
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Rostered Days Off and Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café and Working for the Community.
Permanent full time role, Position Number: S0824, Salary: Circa/From $90K + Superannuation + Other Benefits
Please submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Wednesday 28 August 2019. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.