SENIOR BUILDING SURVEYOR - FIRE SAFETY
- Norwest Business Park Location
- Attractive Remuneration
An opportunity exists for a driven and motivated individual to join our Regulatory Services team.
The Hills Shire Council is customer focused, performance driven and one of the most financially stable councils in NSW. We encourage innovation and continuous improvement to deliver quality services and infrastructure to our community.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Senior Building Surveyor to provide professional technical advice and direction to all key stakeholders in relation to fire safety matters by assisting in the management of Council's Fire Safety Program and ensuring Council meets its statutory obligations with relevant legislation, Standards and Industry Best Practice. The candidate will share our organisations commitment to providing value to our customers, approaching tasks enthusiastically and working collaboratively with their team. The successful candidate will have:
- Degree qualification (or equivalent) in Building Surveying or Fire Safety
- Accreditation with the Building Professionals Boards as an A1, A2 or A3 accredited certifier
- Accredited Certifier as Building Surveyor Grades 1,2, or 3
- Knowledge of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000, Boarding House Act 2012, Boarding House Regulation 2013, International Fire Engineering Guidelines 2005, Building Code of Australia and relevant Australian Standards referenced in the Building Code of Australia (2 - 5 years)
- Demonstrated knowledge and extensive experience in applying the principals of fire safety upgrades to existing buildings (2-5years)
- Proficient knowledge & understanding of the principals of fire safety upgrades to existing buildings
- Demonstrated experience in the assessment of development applications, building information certificates and undertaking of inspections of Class 1b to 9 buildings
- Good understanding of the assessment of performance solutions relating to fire safety in Class 1b to 9 buildings
- Understanding of Council's Annual Fire Safety Statement Program, Boarding House Inspection Program and External Combustible Cladding Program
- Current White Card
- Current Class C Motor Vehicle Drivers Licence
This is a permanent full-time role (35 hours per week) - Position No. S0994
Salary: $95K+ pa plus Superannuation and Council Leaseback Vehicle
Please submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm Friday 23 August 2019. For further information please refer to the Role Statement.
Due to the nature of the role offered it is important for the suitability of the applicant to be measured against numerous inherent requirements of the position that would enable the successful applicant to be employed in a Local Government role. For this reason, the short listed applicants will be required to undertake the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment will be subject to clearance on all of the pre-employment checks. Undertaking these checks means that you have been short listed for the role but it is not in itself a guarantee of the final outcome of your application. Please note that The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds and we assess applications purely on merit and suitability of the applicant for the role in light of the employment checks in so far as they relate to the inherent requirements of the position applied for.
Recruitment Agencies: The Hills Shire Council does recruitment in-house and therefore does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies