SENIOR LANDUSE OFFICER
- Norwest Business Park Location
- Modern Office
An opportunity exists for a task focused and driven individual to join our Regulatory Services Team.
The Hills Shire Council is customer focused, performance driven and one of the most financially stable councils in NSW. We encourage innovation and continuous improvement to deliver quality services and infrastructure to our community.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Landuse Officer who will provide an efficient and effective regulatory and enforcement service, focusing on compliance issues relative to the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, the Protection of the Environment Operations Act and other statutory requirements and in accordance with Council's policies. The successful candidate will share our organisations commitment to providing value to our customers, approaching tasks enthusiastically and working collaboratively with their team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Diploma / Certificate 1V in Town Planning, Environment Health or Building Surveying, law enforcement or related field or
- 2-5 years demonstrated experience in town planning, building surveying, development control, environment management or Local Government compliance related activities
- 2 - 5 years' experience in Law enforcement or local government enforcement procedures
- Working knowledge of the Local Government Act, Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, Protection of the Environment Operations Act, The Building Code of Australia, and related legislation
- 2 - 5 years' experience in dealing with customers, with an ability to deal with and solve protracted enquiries
- Current Class C Motor Vehicle Licence
- Experience working in an environment of demanding workloads and time constraints
- Demonstrated record of achieving objectives and results in an environment requiring high volume work to tight deadlines
This is a permanent full-time role (35 hours per week) - Position No. S0137 Salary: $85K+ pa plus Superannuation and Council Leaseback Vehicle
Please submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm Friday 23 August 2019. For further information please refer to the Role Statement.
Due to the nature of the role offered it is important for the suitability of the applicant to be measured against numerous inherent requirements of the position that would enable the successful applicant to be employed in a Local Government role. For this reason, the short listed applicants will be required to undertake the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment will be subject to clearance on all of the pre-employment checks. Undertaking these checks means that you have been short listed for the role but it is not in itself a guarantee of the final outcome of your application. Please note that The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds and we assess applications purely on merit and suitability of the applicant for the role in light of the employment checks in so far as they relate to the inherent requirements of the position applied for.
Recruitment Agencies: The Hills Shire Council does recruitment in-house and therefore does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.