PRINCIPAL COORDINATOR - STORMWATER AND WATERWAYS MANAGEMENT
- Norwest Business Park Location
- Attractive Remuneration
An opportunity exists for a strategic and driven individual to join our Infrastructure and Transport Planning Team in providing leadership, direction and advice to the Waterways Team.
The Hills Shire Council is customer focused, performance driven and one of the most financially stable councils in NSW. We encourage innovation and continuous improvement to deliver quality services and infrastructure to our community.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Principal Coordinator of Stormwater and Waterways Management in developing and implementing management strategies for Council's piped stormwater, natural waterway and floodplain systems including associated infrastructure for social, economic and recreational benefit of the Hills Shire Community.
The successful candidate will share our organisations commitment to providing value to our customers, approaching tasks enthusiastically and working collaboratively with their team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or related discipline
- Post-graduate qualifications in engineering, water resources, environmental science, planning or geography
- Demonstrated extensive experience in the preparation and review of asset management plans, annual capital works programs including design, construction, maintenance and environmental assessment of waterways assets
- Substantial experience in land use planning, particularly on urban land release projects and managing impacts on stormwater infrastructure assets, natural waterways and floodplains including assessment of complex DAs with significant impact on waterway assets
- Extensive experience in the formulation and review of Floodplain Risk Management Programs and environmentally sustainable strategies for infrastructure
- Experience in hydrologic, hydraulic and water quality modelling and associated advance technology
- Class C Motor Vehicle Licence
This is a permanent full-time role - Position No. CN0022
Salary: $145k+ pa including Superannuation plus Civil Liability and Car Allowance
Please submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm Friday 6 September 2019. For further information please refer to the Role Statement.
Due to the nature of the role offered it is important for the suitability of the applicant to be measured against numerous inherent requirements of the position that would enable the successful applicant to be employed in a Local Government role. For this reason, the short listed applicants will be required to undertake the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment will be subject to clearance on all of the pre-employment checks. Undertaking these checks means that you have been short listed for the role but it is not in itself a guarantee of the final outcome of your application. Please note that The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds and we assess applications purely on merit and suitability of the applicant for the role in light of the employment checks in so far as they relate to the inherent requirements of the position applied for.
Recruitment Agencies: The Hills Shire Council does recruitment in-house and therefore does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.